Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Tamang to star in Nepalese film


After winning the 'Indian Idol' reality show on the telly few years back, Prashant Tamang has teamed up with Nepalese actress Sumina Ghimeray for a feature film 'Kina Mayama' .Tamang said he has come to a phase where he was balancing both singing and acting professionally."I know this is just the beginning but then I have to start from somewhere. Though I can�t say right now whether the audiences will like me or not but I am sure that I shall be appreciated for my work and endeavour," he said.Stating that he had been asked by someone from Sikkim on Facebook yesterday to stop acting and pursue his singing career, Tamang said though I have taken it positively, "I wish to say that I have an opportunity here to explore so why don�t I try." The Nepalese film, written and directed by C L Ghimeray, started its shooting on September 2 after the film's muhurat, the function to mark the auspicious beginning, which was attended by ministers C B Karki and N K Pradhan.The film is presently being shot here in various locations including the Hidden Forest, Sichey.The director of the film, Ghimeray said it would be shot mostly in Sikkim with only some parts shot in other areas including Kathmandu.He said while the total budget of the film would be about Rs 60 lakh it will be a little over two hours in length.This was Tamang's third local film in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment